Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Interactive" Wedding Plans

Basically, as I figure things out, you'll know, too.
Or, as I pick and choose, you'll know what I'm deciding between.
It's a way for me to get all my thoughts down somewhere "solid," even if it's not on actual paper... yet.

Possible Wedding Locations:
El Dorado Park ($5,000)
Includes:
- Gazebo/Wedding Arch/Aisle Runner
- Cake & Cutting/Serving
- Complimentary Champagne & Cider Toasts
- Linens & Dance Floor
- Inclusive &/or Custom Bar Service
- Venue Space for min. 4-5 hours
- Dinner served
- Complimentary Entrée for the Bride and Groom
- China, Flatware, and Glassware
- Skirted Head Table or Sweetheart Table
- Personalized Tiered Wedding Cake
- Customized Room Set Up
- Complimentary Guest Parking

Not Included:
- Groom’s Room (no big deal, right? haha)
- Photographer (Megh has connections)
- Decorations (Do I really need them? haha)
- Clergy (Blah)
- Music: No DJ Equipment at all. Not even speakers for my iPod.

On the Plus:
Most things included!
Ceremony + Reception = Cheaper!

On the Minus:
Reception *might* be outside in a tent.


Skylinks at Long Beach (No online quotes)
Included:

Not Included:

On the Plus:
Indoor reception area
Ceremony and Reception on site

On the Minus:



I looked up CSU, Long Beach's Japanese Garden for a possible wedding site... but it would only be for the ceremony and it would only be available for 2 hours total for $2,400. No thanks. As beautiful as it is, it's too expensive, even as an alumni.



My Dress:
David's Bridal Version


Alfred Angelo Version



Bridesmaid Dress:
Retro "Pinup" Dress


Strappy Fun Dress (Alfred Angelo)


More "Traditional" Dress (David's Bridal Mix & Match)


Or... There's always David's Bridal Mix & Match where everyone gets something they like (and look fabulous in), as long as it's Clover Green with Black accents!


Flower Girl:
I'd like Cassidy (Sam's Goddaughter) to be our flower girl. If that happens, here is her dress! It fits her personality perfectly!



Ring Bearer:
I'd like to request Colby for this position. :)
Generic "tux" or suit with a green tie.


Photographer:
Yet to be decided.


Music:
On the RSVP cards, you'll be asked to name ONE song (maybe two if you're a couple) you'd like to hear at the wedding. I'll download that onto my iPod and off we go. I'm thinking about an actual DJ though, so we can have a sound system and someone to announce things, like toasts or cake cutting.


Invitations:
My friend Whitney said she can make them! Yay!
I'm also looking into an online website that specializes in wedding stationary.


Honeymoon:
HAHAHAHA! We're going back home to Oregon! We'll travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England another time. But it is going to happen one day. :)



Anything else I missed?

I'm loving all the extra and added help from all of you!
Thank you!
You don't know how much it all means to me.
You're awesome.
*hugs*

3 comments:

Pixie said...

While I LOVE the vintage dress idea, my breastestes are too big for the biggest size.

Have you thought about sewing our dresses? I bet we can find either one pattern, or enough bulk material to do it that way.

We might be able to find something that we can all afford that will work with David's Bridal... it'll just take time. :)

ED park sounds like a really good option to me. It's nice there too.

Shy said...

I looooooovvvvvveeeee the black dress :) Colby would love to be the ring bearer...oh did I mention he doesn't really have a choice lol jk. My little man's going to look so freakin cute *sniff sniff sniff*.

Whatever you need you know we will be there to help out. I should be on break then from school so I would have plenty of time.

I'm sooooooo happy and excited for you and Sam Sarah. * Hugs*

Oh I volunteer to decorate the car oh yeah that mine all the way baby. No worries I will be good...hehehe.

Jenjenbug said...

El Dorado sounds good. You could do a real DJ. I can ask my MIL about the DJ we had, I don't think it was too expensive. You can pick songs to play from their play list.

Sorry Megh, not loving the sewing idea (unless perhaps we pay someone to do it...my SIL could probably do it) sounds like too much work/pain the the butt to me. The David's Bridal idea sounds MUCH better to me. :-D

Whatever you want sounds good. Didn't you say you were going to look into the LB museum? I know they do receptions, I went to one there, but they had been married in the temple, so I don't know about weddings. Not sure how much it is though, the family paying for it was not hurting for money.