Second blog in a day. Weird.
Moving on...
ANGER! GRR!
I was watching the local news tonight and I saw a story about a guy who had his new credit card stolen right out of his mailbox. He went to the NEWS to report this incident and asked if THEY could help him find the person(s) responsible. Well, the news contacted the stores at which the card had been used and the store released the footage and two people were found using the card- their faces were shown on the news tonight.
And that made me think...
My ENTIRE WALLET was stolen in May 2008. Credit cards, social security card, driver's license, insurance information, even my library card and cash... ALL gone. I only found out because I needed my checkbook for something and when I looked for it in my purse, I didn't see my wallet... I checked my car and it wasn't there either. I looked online and saw hundreds of dollars being spent on ALL of my cards- I *immediately* called my credit card companies... not the news, not the police, the cards. When I called the cancel them, they told me when and where the cards were last used so I could call the cops and be able to get video footage in order to press charges against the person(s). After calling all of the credit and debit card companies, I called the police. I gave them all the information the credit card companies had given me, but the detective didn't seem to care. In fact, he said it happens everyday and there was "no way" to track that kind of stuff down and to just cancel my cards and file something with the credit agencies that said my cards were stolen and to join a credit theft program (like LifeLock).
So I did. I joined LifeLock, I reported myself as a "stolen identity" to the credit agencies, and I canceled all of my cards and got new ones. I never heard from the detective again; I don't know if anything has been found/returned to the police. I called the stores at which my cards were used (Fred Meyer store on 20th Street) and I called Tri-Met, since they used my cards to buy Max tickets... but NO ONE would release video surveillance footage to me or the police. In fact, when I told the police they should call and get the footage, they didn't seem to give a rat's ass.
Well, I am regretting my decision in trusting the police AGAIN. The first time I trusted them, my car was wrecked with blood evidence everywhere and the cops wouldn't do anything- they weren't even willing to check local hospitals for patients with recent head wounds. They told me, "We're not CSI, ma'am." They filed a report, but NOTHING came of that one, either... well, other than my car being totaled by my insurance company and me spending money to get my car fixed so I could drive it again and me not having a car for over TWO MONTHS because the jackasses that fixed it took their sweet-ass time. GRR. ANGER.
I should have called the local news station when my wallet was stolen and maybe they could have helped my find the person(s) responsible for stealing my entire wallet, not just one card out of my mailbox. I contacted the news station's "problem solver" and we'll see if she responds. If not, I feel like calling the news station tomorrow and asking them how that guy managed to get what I couldn't, help. Is he loaded with cash, sleep with the news anchor, or give the manager of Fred Meyer a blowjob...? Either way, I'd like my video surveillance footage so I can press charges against the asshole(s) that took MY wallet!!
*end rant*
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment