Thursday, August 05, 2010

Today's Lesson

Previous Lesson: Life isn't fair and you don't always get what you want.

Today's Lesson: Life is a waiting game.


After talking to my doctor today, I realized that life is a waiting game. When you're in the womb, you have to wait to develop properly and your mom waits for you to come out... and sometimes, 3-4 days in the hospital later and you (the baby) still haven't arrived. (*hugs* to our friend Laurie who waited and waited for her baby boy... and he finally arrived!) Then you have to wait to crawl, walk, talk, etc... it's not a given. You have to wait and learn it/grow into it. You wait to grow tall enough to be able to ride all the rides at Disneyland. You wait to attend college until you're old enough/have a high school diploma/GED. You wait to find "Mr./Mrs. Perfect" and then you wait to marry them... however long it takes. You (generally) wait to have kids until after the wedding. You wait... and wait... and wait... until you die.

I've been waiting to get a job for over a year. I've been waiting for the money to be able to buy a plane ticket to LA to see my friend's kids and my family. I've been waiting for my computer to fix itself (HA! Not going to happen, but I'm optimistic). I've been waiting for Odin to stop acting like a kitten and act like an adult cat (and sleep more often). Heck, I'm staring to wait to be 30 so I can be a "real grown-up."



I'm tired of waiting.
I want life to be "normal," like it's supposed to be when you're older.

2 comments:

Shy said...

Perhaps I shall remind you what we use to say to Colby all the time. Patience hahaha remember that one ? When you finally do get a job it will probably be one that you absolutely love. That's often life, waiting and waiting until that perfect thing comes along. When we are impatient thats when we make it harder for oursleves. I know it still sucks, but anyways.

Look I'm still waiting for MR. RIGHT ! I just keep praying one day he will ask for directions and find his way to my door :)

I do know that there is something around the corner for you and it will be the greatest job ever. I would come see you if I could you know that :) We miss you too * hugs*. We for sure are still planning on the holidays though..hehehe. A white christmas would be rather nice ;)

Dot said...

Thanks, Shy. I'm feeling better about things now. Granted, I'm still tired of waiting, but I know I just need to be patient for the right opportunity. It's just frustrating, is all. Every time I start to get impatient, I'll just think of Colby. haha!