Last week, I was brave enough to "donate" blood to the laboratory. I know there's something wrong with me, but I wanted to know what. My doc ordered a TON of labs, especially since I haven't had any lab work done since I was covered by Kaiser in 2005/2006. Not only that, but it was only basic lab work that was done... nothing fancy.
I've been looking at the results since we got them faxed over this morning. Some levels have been circled, some have been "checked," others... well, I guess are ok. LOL!
The bad news:
My LDL cholesterol is HIGH. Not skyscraper high, but it is pretty high.
My blood glucose level is kinda high, too. Not a shock, seeing as how much I love sugar.
It appears as though my blood isn't "forming" correctly- my iron isn't bonding well enough and I'm anemic... although you couldn't tell by my hemoglobin count.
Oh, and my CRP level is SUPER high... but it's affected by my birth control pills.
The good news:
Diet & Exercise will most likely help all of my current issues.
We'll see what my doc has to say when I see her for an appointment next week.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Eugh. My condolences. Were they able to run the FSH/LH or do the BCPs interfere too much?
I wasn't told *not* to take them... oops. I'll let my doc in on that tidbit of information and see if I have to re-run the tests. My CRP cardio was high, too... but I think my pills caused that one, too (according to the internet).
Yeah, I don't know if they interfere because I've only had the test done once, without anything. I did get the impression at a later visit that it could be done with or without meds, but I don't know how the numbers are affected. I'd imagine that if your FSH/LH numbers were ever in danger of being seriously wonky, it's at least been kept at bay over the years with the pills. Did they actually run them? Or DHEAS?
They ran the FSH/LH. No DHEAS... wtf is that?!
Fun stuff. I hope you're able to work through it just fine, though!
DHEAS is an adrenal hormone that can show up at abnormal levels that correlate with abnormal levels of sex hormones. Looking again, they probably wouldn't have run it as a screening test, only a diagnostic, which you wouldn't have needed. So, OK to disregard.
Post a Comment