Thursday, July 09, 2009

Mathematics and YOU!

A lesson to all you boys and girls out there... Mathematics is a good thing to know! It will save you $50 in the long run... I promise!

My former employer sends me an e-mail, telling me that the $50.53 is supposed to come out of EVERY paycheck, and since this was my final paycheck, it was still a paycheck.

So I did the math and check this out:

I paid $50.53 every two weeks for my health insurance coverage, which comes out to $1313.78 a year. Per month, that comes out to $109.48. In January, February, March, April, and June, there were two pay periods and my total contributions came out to $101.06, which means I was short by $8.42 for those five months, which comes to a total of $42.10. In May, however, there were three pay periods in which I paid a total contribution of $151.59, which means I overpaid by $42.11.

If you take that overpayment in May and apply it to the underpayments for the other five months, I am paid in full for my health insurance for the year of 2009... all six months I was employed and paying.

Thanks for playing, stupid former employer... Now... PAY UP, SUCKA!
*evil grin*

No comments: