Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thought of the Day

Note: This is not meant to offend anyone or rub you the wrong way; it is merely an observation.



As I approach the three year mark of me moving to Portland, I have realized one thing:

Only ONE person from California has come to visit me since I moved.
That one person was not a parent or family member.

I remember people complaining, worrying, and being afraid that I would never come back to California to visit... and I have... SEVERAL times. But has anyone, other than that one person, come to visit me? No. I have driven down to California, flown into LAX and Long Beach several times for different events and functions, but no one has returned the favor. Some have talked about coming up, but it never happened. Some have been close, but yet, understandably far enough away so they can't visit.

I only recently thought about it when the thought of getting pregnant and having a baby became more of a reality than a daydream. Would my parents actually, FINALLY, come up and visit me? Would my friends come up for the birth? Would I actually have someone other than X and Yav staying in the spare bedroom overnight?

I love visiting California and I love seeing and hanging out with my friends... but I would REALLY love to be able to show my California friends my house, my kitties, and have them meet my Portland friends! I just don't know when that's going to happen.

No comments: